Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) of DESHBANDHU Group is a form of corporate self-regulation into our business model based on the objective of good business for good society at the moment and in near future. DESHBANDHU Group in its core management concept and corporate responsibility integrated CSR with focus on social and environmental concerns in all business operations and interactions with its stakeholders including shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, business partners, local community and other organizations. In line with the provisions of the Act, our CSR activities are listed below.
- Eradicate of poverty and extreme hunger: Provision of food, nutrition supplement, cloths etc. for the poor, children and other deprived sections of the society. Promoting sanitation, making available safe drinking water.
- Promoting and supporting general healthcare specially in Kurigram region through our hospital and research center, including health check-ups, provision of medicine and treatment facilities, reducing child mortality, improving mental health, acquired immune deficiency syndrome.
- Promotion of education, formal, informal, elementary, primary, secondary education in all streams.
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women in all walks of life.
- Promoting and ensuring environmental sustainability through plantation drives in schools, villages, our different business project sites, office and business premises.
- Actively participate in Rural Development Projects
- Slum area development
- Contribute to various funds which are aligned with our vision and mission e.g. Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund